The perfect hash brown can be tricky to pull off. You need to have them crispy on the outside, but they need to remain deliciously smooth on the inside, whilst at the same time still maintaining their flavor. Now, you can go out there and try to attempt to make those hash browns yourself, but you aren’t going to get them right. Thankfully, we are here for you. Check out the video below and you will be making perfect hash browns today.
This is all you are going to need:
- 2lb Russet Potatoes (remember, the key is top quality potatoes!)
- 1 shallot
- Safflower Oil
- Start by peeling your potatoes. Make sure they are completely rinsed and then grated. Grate them with the shallot.
- Toss your potatoes into a bowl of water to get rid of that excess starch.
- Squeeze the water out of the potatoes using a paper towel.
- Add your herbs and season. Mix everything together.
- Heat a skillet up with some oil. Add ¼ cup of potatoes, press them down to form a hash brown shape.
- Cook each side for eight minutes.