If you have a couple of flower pots rolling around, and a lack of space in your home, why not make a herb garden? There is nothing better than some gorgeous, fresh herbs. This nifty DIY project requires very little in the way of supplies.
Read on to see how it’s done, and watch the video to see it in action!
- One large flowerpot
- One small flower pot for each herb you’ll be planting.
- Potting soil
- Heavy-duty garden stake
- Herb plants
- Fill your large pot with soil and tamp down firmly.
- Drive your garden stake into the soil in the center of the pot.
- Now, thread your smaller pots onto the stake through the drainage holes in the bottoms. Arrange them in a staggered pattern.
- Fill the small pots with soil. They should be arranged so that you can fill them easily.
- Plant your plants! Read the labels on each plant, and put the ones that require the most water near the bottom, and the ones that require least near the top, as the water will drain down.
- Place on a dish or tray in a sunny location, and enjoy your herbs!